Lego, what a passion! Fans of all ages al
Bricks in Florence Festival
From Friday 8 to Sunday 10 November 2019 at the TuscanyHall in Florence,
a weekend in the sign of the colored brick
Friday 8 / Saturday 9 / Sunday 10 November 2019
TuscanyHall - via Fabrizio De André corner Lungarno Aldo Moro - Florence
There will be gurus Huw Millington, Mirko Soppelsa and Andrea Lattanzio. And then, master builders from Italy and abroad, exhibitions, workshops and activities for children ...
Lego fans meet at the Bricks in Florence Festival, an evening and two days dedicated to the world of bricks and its fans, of all ages, from Friday 8 to Sunday 10 November 2019 at the TuscanyHall (formerly Obihall) in Florence.
Bricks in Florence Festival will start Friday, November 8th at 7 pm with the AperiBRICK, that is the possibility to visit the exhibition under construction enjoying an aperitif with buffet and receiving a special gadget: for this preview only 300 tickets are available, at the ticket office of the theater or online in the Ticketone circuit. Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 November Bricks in Florence Festival will open the doors from 9 to 20.
Dozens of AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego), coming from all over Italy and abroad, will showcase their personal creations, many of which are unpublished, and will be available to the public to talk about construction techniques, give information and reveal the secrets of their works.
Visitors will also be able to learn more about the history of the Lego brand, get to know other enthusiasts, buy out-of-print and unfindable sets and products, and much more.
The large free play area, with over 150 kg of bricks, will allow anyone to give space to the imagination and the shops will satisfy the needs of all visitors where you will find classic sets, off-catalog and vintage sets, single loose items, minifigures, clothing and specialized books.
Guest / Brickset - Huw Millington is the founder and director of Brickset, the most visited website dedicated to the world of Lego collectors and enthusiasts. It is the largest set database, where every registered user can inventory his own collection of sets and manage his own material in the best way. Huw will hold a Q / A session dedicated to the Afol audience who will be accredited to his workshop.
Guests / Andrea Lattanzio - Norton SevenFour, currently known as Andrea Lattanzio, is one of the best known internationally recognized Master Builders. After a year of exhibiting his works at the Lego House in Billund, he will be one of the protagonists of Bricks in Florence Festival 2019, during which he will tell how his creations are born in a workshop dedicated to AFOL (Sunday 10 from 2.30pm to 3.15pm)
Guests / Mirko Soppelsa
- Mirko Soppelsa, aka Starbricks, is known in the worldwide AFOL community for his fantastic UCS Star Wars that, after the trip to Skaerbaek, will be exhibited at Bricks in Florence Festival 2019. Mirko, in his workshop “From A to UCS ”, will explain the process of conception, design and construction techniques used to make the spaceships of the Star Wars saga, in UCS scale (Sunday 10 from 5.15pm to 6.00pm) Hosts / Piqabrick (Italian start-up)
- The developers of Piqabrick, a tool for optical computerized recognition of the individual Lego parts will be present at Bricks in Florence Festival 2019 to illustrate their project and promote their campaign on KickStarter (Saturday from 17: 30 to 18). Hosts / Fairy Bricks
- Fairy Bricks is the Lego group of enthusiasts that brings smiles to hospitalized children, donating various facilities to so many sets. Activities can be supported by participating in charity fishing: draw a Lego brick from the urn and, depending on the color, receive a Lego prize ... you always win! In search of the 5 minifigures
- Well sharpen the view: among the dozens of works on display will be hidden five minifigures (torso and red hat, white legs) with a flag printed on the ItLUG logo. Identify them all: the first 300 visitors who will find them (150 on Saturdays, 150 on Sundays), will receive a special personalized brick, to be collected at the ToscanaBricks information desk, inside the theater (start at 9:30 am, until end of the event). Photo exhibition and workshop
- A Bricks in Florence Festival some shots taken by "master photographers". Visitors will be able to put their skills to the test by creating original photo shoots: they will have the help of an expert and the possibility to choose among many settings in which to make their minifigure live (start at 9:30 am, until the end of the event) ).
Vote for your favorite works
- At the entrance, visitors will receive a postcard with instructions for voting for the three favorite works. To vote, simply leave the completed card in the appropriate container at the Toscana Bricks Desk. The voting participants will participate in the drawing of a Lego set! Young Builders Gallery
- At Bricks in Florence Festival 2019 space to the creativity and imagination of as many as 50 young pre-registered builders who will exhibit their works alongside those of the 'master builders' from Italy and Europe. Registered children, aged 6 to 12, will exhibit works done at home with their own LEGO bricks and will experience the thrill of participating in the event in person.
Tickets and presales: up to 5 years admission is free, under 14 you spend 5 euros, adults 7 euros (5 euros with Coop membership card). Reserved entrance and special event brick for those who buy the ticket in advance. Presales in the Box Office Toscana points www.boxofficetoscana.it/punti-vendita
(tel. 055 210804) and online at www.ticketone.it
Bricks in Florence Festival is organized by Toscana Bricks - The Lego Users Group of Tuscany - in collaboration with TuscanyHall and Italian Lego Users Group
Info and updates on the official Facebook page www.facebook.com/ToscanaBricks
Dates: 8, 9 and 10 November 2019
Timetable Friday, November 8th: Aperibricks 6:30 pm / 11:00 pm
Hours Saturday 9 November: 09:00 / 20:00
Hours Sunday 10 November: 09:00 / 20:00
Adult admission: 7 euros
Reduced admission: 5 euros (Coop Members / children aged 6 to 14)
Free admission: children up to 5 years old
Presale: Box Office Circuit Tuscany www.boxofficetoscana.it/punti-vendita (tel. 055 210804) and online at www.ticketone.it
Information : www.bricksinflorencefestival.it
Event on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/538534180230715/
Bricks in Florence Festival: Photo of the 2018 edition
Event organized by
TuscanyHall (formerly Obihall) www.tuscanyhall.it
Toscana Bricks - The LEGO® Users Group of Tuscany www.toscanabricks.it
ItLUG - Italian LEGO® Users Group www.itlug.it