Page created by firenzenotte - Last updated on 26/11/2019
The Dante Theatre in Campi Bisenzio was renamed in memory of the actor Florentine Carlo Monni died May 19, 2013.
Quattrocentonovantaquattro seats, of which three hundred thirty-four in the audience. Three hundred and thirty square meters of the stage and an orchestra pit that can hold up to or ttanta musicians. These features, in figures, the Teatrodante Carlo Monni Campi Bisenzio restored with a total investment of 7.6 million Euros, a project by Ugo Perut architects Firouz Galdo, which reopened to the public February 9, 2007 under the artistic direction Alessandro Benvenuti.
The centrality of Dante in the cultural and civic life of the city on the Bisenzio is emphasized from the beginning of its history from the varied range of performances that took place there: on the one hand operas, drama performances and great masked balls, the other patriotic events and civilians as the Feast of the Statute.
A program in line with the ideas of the Academy of Perseveranti, Ente, the latter, who had already formed (as the Committee) in 1871 with the intent to provide the country with a respectable theater. The purpose to be achieved would be frustrated if it were not for the ability of Count Giovanni Rucellai, who did so much and so he said, that in 1872 the above-mentioned Committee of citizens became Academy of Steadfast, a company that year to follow ( May 4, 1873) presented to the public Campi the new theater named after Dante Alighieri as the square facing.
Since then the aforementioned Academy remained the owner of the theater.
This page may have been translated using the Google automatic translate engine; please excuse any mistakes this translation might have.