FORTEZZA DA BASSO - FIRENZE

the location number 1 of Florence
Page created by france81 (public relation) - Last updated on 24/04/2019

Name: FORTEZZA DA BASSO - FIRENZE

Address: viale strozzi, piazza adua , Florence - Historical Center

Tel: +393483979894

Email: francesco.kail@yahoo.it

www.myspace.com/francescokail

Description

The Fortezza da Basso, whose official name is Fortress of San Giovanni Battista, is the largest work of star fort inserted in the walls fourteenth-century Florence.

It was built by Pier Francesco da Viterbo and Antonio da Sangallo the Younger between 1534 and 1537 at the instigation of Alessandro de 'Medici , on the government of Florence by Giovanni dei Medici's uncle, Pope Clement VII , who exercised the real power. The gigantic fortress, whose star-shaped constituted an example to follow for more than a century, was then begun immediately after the reconquest of the city to the domination Medici after the ' Siege of Florence . His aim was therefore to provide a safe haven to the rulers in case of revolt, but also to impress and intimidate the Florentine with its mass. To accentuate this impression the side facing the city was equipped, at the hands of Antonio da Sangallo, the exceptional luxury finishes, at the cost of impair its effectiveness.

In the era Lorraine structure, now militarily obsolete was adapted as a barracks, with the construction of a central building and a theater.

The interior (powder and pavilion Spadolini) The interior (powder and pavilion Spadolini )

At the time of thoughtless demolition of walls fourteenth century, during the brief period of Florence Capital d ' Italy , the fortress was isolated and its moats were leveled, bringing the burial of most of the walls.

Fortress, which like many other similar structures was never used, remained in the hands of the State Property Military until recent years, when it was identified as the seat of the fairgrounds Fiorentino; Consequently it was undertaken a long work of restoration and adaptation (not yet complete) that led to the demolition of service structures built during the use of the fortress as a barracks. Through these works you can now see the fourteenth-century Porta Faenza, and follow the ancient course of the Mugnone , a stream which flowed into the ditches of the city; visit the interior of the keep and some other facilities of some interest, such as the powder.

To host events in Florence Expo two new exhibition pavilions were built, called, by the name of the designer, respectively Pavilion Spadolini ( Pierluigi Spadolini , opened in 1977 ) and Cavaniglia ( 1996 ). They are structures of considerable interest, among the few examples of contemporary architecture in the center of Florence.

TODAY THE FORTRESS OF LOW AND 'A REAL EL DISCO WITH ITS MANY ROOMS, MUSIC TECHNO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, ELECTRONICS ...

WHENEVER AN EVENT NATIONAL SIGNED COSMOPRODUCTION

This page may have been translated using the Google automatic translate engine; please excuse any mistakes this translation might have.

Advertising:

Location on the map

Advertising:
Sei il gestore di questo locale? Registrati a Firenzenotte e prendi il controllo di questa pagina

Comments